Solo Exhibition at Jaques Art Center

"Time Stands Still"
Solo Exhibition of Selected Works


"To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour"
~Excerpt from "Auguries of Innocence" by William Blake

I was asked the other day why I titled my solo show "Time Stands Still". I enjoy questions like these because they encourage me to think about my work and the purpose it serves.

My painting, "Time Stands Still" (seen above), is a microcosm of this exhibition as a whole. It would be instinctive to think of this painting as a simple pond, but the rewards of looking more deeply beyond its surface are the unfolding layers of interest and meaning. As we take time to contemplate this experience we recognize the infinity contained within the present moment.


Through my art, I hope to share the profound peace, healing and joy that comes from looking deeply beyond the surface of this beautiful world.


Thank you for following me on this journey!

"Time Stands Still"
Jaques Art Center
Aitkin, Minnesota
August 7, 2015 to September 19, 2015

Comments

Popular Posts