Painting in the Cinque Terre, Italy

Cinque Terre bound...
Some of us waiting for the bus to Monterosso 

Images from our time in Monterosso...
One hour sketch demo from the hotels garden terrace



Moments of solitude...


This lovely Italian woman (seen above) popped open her window and started calling down to us in Italian; she was showing off her flowers and the beautiful steps up to her house (seen below). I asked if I could paint it for my demo and she was joyous! She went on calling down to me, pointing and telling me where I should stand to get the best view. 
 When I was done with my 1 hour sketch, seen here, this lovely woman re-emerged asking to see the finished painting. I showed it to her and she gave me a huge smile and two thumbs up.


Contemplation...


  

Artists at play... 

Evening 1 hour sketch demo in the Town Square

 Images from our time in Vernazza...
Photographers capturing painters capturing beauty 
is a common site. 

Just a touch...

1 hour sketch demo


Happy Painters!


Happy Painters!



Working together...


Crowd gathered for 1 hour sketch demo

"Hey - come look at this!!"

1 hour sketch demo

Thumbs up to the painters! 

 
Admirers, large and small.

1 hour sunset sketch demo

Beautiful scenes to paint are everywhere!  

Images from our time in RioMaggiore...
Preparing to paint....

This.

In the zone...

20 minute sketch





Sunset in Riomaggiore



 


Cheers!

Images from our time in Manarola...




Taking a break...


Taking a moment for a photo with passerby's

Painters painting painters



Landscapes...


Celebration!!

CIAO!
From Mary and Jen




All demos by Mary are on 9x12" panels
Photography by Jennifer Kochevar
All Rights Reserved 
©2015 Mary Pettis


Comments

Popular Posts